September 19, 2010

My BIG and HARD decision

Gymnastics has been my life for the past 4 years. I really love everything about it. I have been very fortunate to have had such great coaches and been apart of great teams. I have learned a lot of skills in gym and it has made me the person I am today. I have been blessed to have been able to do well and have so much success at such a young age.

Unfortunately I have decided to quit gymnastics. It was a very hard decision. I few months ago I started having issues with my feet and arches. I have very flat feet and that is a problem in gymnastics. I wasn't able to do all I needed to do to progress and be ready to compete. Also I sprained my ankle and that was hard too.

The main reason I decided to quit is because I didn't have time to do anything else that interested me including spending time with my family. I was at such a high level of training and competitions that I was gone away from my family for 3 or 4 hours each day after school.  I am excited to try new things and have more balance with my time.

It is very hard to leave gymnastics, my coaches, my friends and the sport that I love. So that is why I am going to start classes for little kids so I can share with them the things that I know and still be apart of gymnastics. And I hope to make a difference in the lives of my students.